Monday, May 31, 2010

Decisions Decisions




When you're on vacation or away from your healthy stocked fridge, there are a lot of decisions to make about whether to stay on track and make healthy food choices or just say to heck with it, i'll get back on track when I get home. Well I've worked really hard to change my eating habits and one little memorial day camping trip isn't going to ruin it all! Although it was especially hard when my husbands friends showed up with brownies, chips and cookies...ugh! Nevertheless if you come prepared like i did, hopefully you can just say no! I packed some nuts and fruit to snack on and for dinner I put some chicken and veggies, wrapped in tin foil, in the hot coals under our fire and made a delicious little dinner that me and my husband both enjoyed. For breakfast I know a really easy omelet trick, perfect for camping, but you can do it anywhere you have a boiling pot of water. Before you leave, put eggs, tomatoes, cheese, spices, peppers and whatever else you like in a little sandwich sized ziploc bag (make sure its a strong bag like Hefty or Ziploc because the cheapo ones might break open). Bring a pot of water to a boil over a camp stove or your fire and drop the baggy in. About 30 minutes later you have a beautiful omelet! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment