Friday, May 28, 2010

Real Food

The hcg diet I'm doing has 4 phases...I'm currently on phase 3. Phase 3 of the diet states you can eat whatever you like as long as it has absolutely no sugar or starch. I have to be pretty creative with my cooking and make most everything from scratch but I've found some premade items that make my life much easier. From the top: Row 1--TRUVIA all natural sweetener made from the stevia plant with 0 calories, it comes in little packets and can even be used in baking. FITNUTZ peanut butter powder, love love love and less than half the calories and fat than even my favorite fresh ground peanut butter, when water is added it looks and taste just like the real stuff. CAROB POWDER has been a childhood favorite of mine, its like chocolate but doesn't need sugar to make it sweet and since i couldn't have chocolate growing up, it was the next best thing. Row 2--PEANUT BUTTER, I'm a peanut butter freak and this stuff is fresh ground at my local grocery store...yum :). EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL replaces butter in almost everything and has healthy fats needed in your daily diet, and I love the subtle coconut taste, i even use it as a luxurious skin moisturizer. LEMONAISE is made with lemons and is a substitute for mayonaise and taste exactly like it, it was the only one in the entire health food store that didn't contain sugar! FLAXSEED MEAL, i use it as a replacement for flour (i can't have starch) and sometimes i mix it with organic coconut flour for more desert-like things. It has tons of fiber but it is super absorbent so i have to double my liquids in recipes. Row 3--TURKEY PEPPERONI is sooo good and an excellent little snack with much less fat and no additives of regular pepperoni. SPROUTED TORTILLAS have saved me and are sooo versatile; great for mini pizzas, burritos, enchiladas, wraps and they can even be sliced up and baked like tortilla chips. They are made from sprouts so they are not starchy! CHEDDAR CHEESE is an awesome little snack and they come in these great little 3/4 oz packages so i don't eat too much of it...because i love cheese and i would totally overdue it.
So these are my favorites, if you have any great products that you love, let me know! I'm always searching for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment