Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dinner at Home

Yesterday was my 3 year wedding anniversary...YaY! Our usual tradition is to go to a ridiculously nice restaurant but since I am still on Phase 3 of the HCG diet (no sugar, no starch), I decided to cook steak & enchiladas and key lime pie at home this year. You never know what restaurants are putting on your food (example: sugar, msg, etc...) so this way I had control over what I ate. Now my husband isn't a huge fan of most of my healthy creations so I did half of the enchiladas with regular flour tortillas for him. I don't think he was a big fan of my crust-less key lime pie (I made up the recipe when I realized my strawberries had gone bad that I was going to use in my original dessert) but I thought it was amazing! I decorated my dining room like a romantic restaurant and I barely missed going out! Here are my recipes if you'd like to give them a try...


Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
-1 8oz package cream cheese. softened
-1 small container of sour cream
-1 large jar of salsa
-4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
-10 tortillas (I used Ezekiel Sprouted Tortillas. no starch)
-shredded cheese
While chicken breast is still warm, stir cream cheese in with it then add 1/2 of the jar of salsa. Add a heaping spoonfull of chicken mix to tortilla and roll up placing the seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan. After all the chicken mix is used. Mix sour cream and the rest of the salsa together in a bowl then spread over the enchiladas. Cover with cheese and bake til cheese is melted and golden brown.

Crustless Key Lime Pie
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-10 drops of Stevia
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-8oz cream cheese
-1/4 cup softened butter
-Juice of 1 lime
-1 tsp lime zest
-lime slices and grated unsweetened coconut (optional: for garnish)
Combine cream, stevia and vanilla, whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, butter, lime juice and lime zest until mixture is smooth. Gently combine both mixtures and spoon into serving cups. Top with coconut and chill for a couple hours. Add lime slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment