Friday, June 4, 2010

More Cookies....Surprise Surprise

You may have noticed, but I have a major sweet tooth! I'm always experimenting in the kitchen to make healthy foods taste like the unhealthy stuff I love so much. I'm pretty sure this is my best recipe yet...even my husband liked it [that says a lot!]. This recipe can easily be cut in half.
I call them....
'Mock'olate Chip Cookies
-1 cup coconut flour
-1/2 cup melted butter
-2 T Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
-1 cup Xylitol (granulated sweetener: it tastes exactly like sugar with no aftertaste like Stevia)
-4 eggs
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-sprinkle of salt
-3/4 cup unsweetened carob chips
Mix together butter, coconut oil, Xylitol, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir in coconut flour, then carob chips. Roll dough into 1-1/2" balls then flatten [they don't really change shape when you cook them so i would flatten them to the size you want them]. Place flattened balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375F for about 15 minutes. Cool and Eat!
note: my recipe is sugar-free but keep in mind if you use chocolate chips instead of unsweetened carob then the recipe will no longer be sugar free.

No comments:

Post a Comment