Sunday, July 18, 2010

Protein Packed Pasta Salad

I have found that protein is key in maintaining muscle and a lean healthy body.  My friend Inga introduced me to Quinoa (the perfect protein) and I love using quinoa flour in everything I can!  The other day I was shopping at my local health food store and I came across quinoa pasta (very exciting)!  I'm always trying to think of convienient things to pack for lunch so I came up with this easy, filling and protein packed pasta salad made with quinoa pasta.

Ingredients:
- 1 box quinoa pasta (weight: 8oz dry)
- 2 cans water packed tuna
- 1/4 cup Lemonaise (or no sugar added mayo)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped mixed veggies of your choice
- dash of salt and pepper

Cook pasta, drain and mix in the rest of the ingredients.  Refrigerate.  The great thing about pasta salad is you can add whatever you like, this is just what I had on hand.  When I make something like this I usually split it up into single servings before I put it in the fridge so I can just grab it and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment