Thursday, August 19, 2010

Soft-Serve Fruit Shake

There are very few healthy things my husband will eat but the one he loves (and can't believe there isn't any sugar in it) is bananas and milk blended up in the blender. It makes a wonderfully creamy almost ice cream like treat.  Well I've taken it just a little further and decided to try some other fruits and they have turned out sooo good, better than ice cream! Yesterday I tried raspberries and today I tried peaches and they are both equally delicious.  If you use whole milk like I do you also get the added benefits of more protein.  There isn't any need for sugar in this recipe and I really don't think you'll miss it because fruit is already so sweet but if you must you can add a tablespoon of Xylitol or Stevia.  It comes out so thick you can eat it with a spoon and since there is no ice, you won't get those pesky chunks of ice in the bottom.
Soft-Serve Fruit Shake
1 cup frozen fruit (if its pre-packaged make sure its just fruit, no sugar)
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 T extra virgin coconut oil
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well.  Serve Immediately.

The great thing about this recipe is you can experiment with lots of different things and it all tastes great so try it and let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment