Thursday, January 13, 2011

Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil should be used every single day!  If you have done the HCG diet before, you know that it is not on the original protocol for Phase 2 but I have done quite a bit of research on it and coconut oil isn't stored as fat like other oils.  This miracle oil is turned into energy in your body and actually promotes weight loss rather than deferring it among sooo many other health benefits!  I will say though if you are on phase 2 of the diet I would limit it to about 5 - 6 Tbs a day. You don't need to count the calories in coconut oil as again it is used for energy in our bodies and not stored as fat.  There are so many uses for this delicious oil.  Instead of using butter in your recipes and cooking, replace it with extra virgin coconut oil.  Use it to grease your pans for baking.  Since it is solid unless warm, you can even use it as a super emollient moisturizer on your skin!  I put it in almost every recipe I make and it hasn't affected my weight loss negatively at all!  I'll be posting lots of recipes coming up that all contain coconut oil and I'd love to hear your ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment