Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chicken Soup

This recipe is sooo simple and delicious, if you are on the HCG diet like me it accounts for 1 meat and 1 vegetable and if you arent it is just a wonderful treat on a cold night.  To make my week much easier I always cook a big batch of chicken over the weekend and this week I shredded it and it has turned out to be very versitile.  If you aren't on the diet like me you can always add more veggies and ingredients to your liking.

Chicken Soup
-3.5 ounces of shredded or chopped cooked chicken
-1/2 cup chopped celery
-1 cup of water
-1 T Braggs Amino Acids (it tastes kinda like soy sauce)
-1 T Coconut Oil
-Seasoning Salt
-Pepper
-Garlic Powder
-Onion Powder
Combine all of the ingredients in a small pot and turn the stove on medium heat until boiling.  Reduce the heat and let simmer until the celery is tender.  Pour in a bowl and serve!  It tastes just like chicken noodle soup except no noodles...I didn't even miss em!
Sorry the picture is a little blurry, bunny thought it smelled really good and was jumping on my lap while i was trying to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment